Brown County Sheriff’s officials identified the three hunters who were found dead early Saturday afternoon in a deer camp near Bangs as a Lake Brownwood grandfather and the man’s son and 13-year-old grandson, both of Bell County.
    According to a sheriff’s office press release, the three — who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from an unventilated propane heater — were identified as:    
    • John Glass Sr., 69, of Lake Brownwood.
    • Bryan Glass, 41, of Temple.
    • Cody Glass, 13, of Troy.
    Deputies responded at 1:11 p.m. to a report of three unresponsive males in a cargo trailer that was used for sleeping. It was determined there were two propane heaters in the trailer, with one of them in use. There was insufficient ventilation, which caused the three to die from what authorities believe to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
    “The Brown County Sheriff’s office would like to take the time during this tragic event to urge residents to put smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in place in their residences,” the press release states.
    “If you use propane heaters in hour deer blinds or other out buildings, use caution and ensure proper ventilation.”
    Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include:
    • Dull headache.
    • Weakness or dizziness.
    • Nausea or vomiting.
    • Shortness of breath.
    • Confusion.
    • Blurred vision.
    • Loss of consciousness.
    Anyone experiencing these symptoms should be moved to fresh air and medical treatment sought.