A Brownwood man remained jailed Thursday on multiple charges after he was arrested Wednesday afternoon following pursuit that began in Brownwood and ended when the pickup Coppic was driving hit a stock trailer in Zephyr.
    Jessie Coppic, 25, was booked into the Brown County Jail after the 35-minute pursuit on charges of money laundering, parole violation, evading arrest with a vehicle and unauthorized use of a vehicle, jail records state.
    About 10 law enforcement vehicles from multiple agencies were involved in the pursuit on wet, icy roads, a report by sheriff’s narcotic detective Carlyle Gover states.
    According to Gover’s report:
    Gover and Brownwood narcotics detective were riding in Gover’s unmarked vehicle when Taylor received information that Coppic, who had a parole warrant, was in the area of Second Street and Indian Creek. Taylor also received information that a large amount of methamphetamine for distribution would be present.
    Gover, who was driving, and Taylor headed to that area and Taylor saw Coppic driving toward them in a Dodge Ram pickup.
    Gover made a U-turn and activated his vehicle’s emergency lights and siren. Coppic made turns and ended up on Austin Avenue, then onto county roads 257 and 267, and FM 2525. Because Coppic was heading into Brownwood city limits and driving recklessly, Sheriff Vance Hill directed Gover and other deputies to discontinue the pursuit for public safety concerns.
    Gover lost sight of Coppic’s pickup, then heard over the radio that Early officer Michelle Sheedy was in pursuit. Gover turned onto County Road 317 and met up with the pursuit on Chapparal in Early. Early Police Chief David Mercer was the lead vehicle, followed by Sheedy and Gover.
    Coppic drove through a yard in Early onto Garmon Drive, then continued southeast on U.S. Highway 183. Coppic ended up on County Road 294, where a Department of Public Safety trooper deployed a spike strip. At least one tire on the pickup hit the spike strip. Coppic continued driving, making several turns and entering Zephyr. The pursuit ended on FM 275 when Coppic lost control of the pickup and crashed into the trailer.
    The pickup’s owner arrived on scene and said Coppic did not have permission to use her vehicle.