EARLY — After making a $100,000 bond in February, an Early man is back in the Brown County Jail in lieu of bonds totaling $265,000 after his arrest last week on assault and other charges.
Walter Tomkpins, 27, was booked Sept. 27 on two charges of burglary of a habitation and two charges of burglary of a habitation, jail records state.
According to an email from Early police:
Police obtained warrants following an incident in which a man kicked in the back door of a residence in the 600 block of Old Comanche Road and attempted to strangle his girlfriend while she held their infant child.
Officers went to the 500 block of Norwood to serve the warrants, and arrested Tomkins after removing him from the attic, where he attempted to hide.
In other incidents:
Monday, Oct. 1
• Community Relations — Early Independent School District. Officers conducting walk-throughs in schools.
• Burglary — 400 block of Early Boulevard.
• Juvenile problem — Child climbed school fence and ran. Officer located child.
• Illegally parked vehicle — 200 block of McDonald. Vehicle towed.
• Parking violation — Orchard Drive.
• Medical emergency — 1300 block of Eastwind. Lifeguard transported.
• Alarm — 1000 block of Early Boulevard, building secure.
Sunday, Sept. 30
• Reckless driver — Commerce Street in Brownwood, traveling toward Early. Officer unable to locate vehicle
• Accident — 900 block of Early Boulevard, minor damage. No injuries.
• Missing person — 900 block of Early Boulevard. Officer met with caller. Missing person was last seen in Comanche. Caller was advised he needed to meet with Comanche Sheriff’s Office to file report.
• Intoxicated person — 100 block of Early Boulevard. Female fell down on sidewalk. Officer arrived and female stated she was hurting. EMS was contacted and transported the female to the ER.
While enroute the ambulance crew had to pull over because the female was fighting trying to get out. The officer was following and stopped with the ambulance. The female who was also intoxicated was restrained after attempting to fight officers and began hitting the officers and trying to get away.
The ER cleared the female of any injuries and the female was taken to the Brown County jail for public intoxication, resisting arrest and assaulting a public servant/
Saturday, Sept. 29
• Accident — Highway 183/CR 417. Agency assist with DPS. One-vehicle accident with person trapped. Fire department extricated female transported to ER.
• Reckless Driver — North Highway 183. Officer unable to locate vehicle.
• Alarm — 500 block of Early Boulevard, building secure.
• Suspicious call — 100 block of Early Boulevard, caller heard man yelling under bridge. Officers located male who stated he was singing.
• Agency assist — Gobbler Lane. Assist sheriff’s office with loose livestock call.
Agency assist — Highway 183 South, Domestic Disturbance. Sheriff’s office units all tied up. Caller heard couple screaming and yelling at each other. Couple gone on officers arrival.
• Alarm — 300 block of Early Boulevard, building secure.
Friday, Sept. 28
• Drugs found — Sudderth Drive. Bag of marijuana found in roadway.
• Domestic disturbance — Wills Way. Caller reported her grandson pulled a knife on her and threatened to kill her. Officers disarmed a 16-year-old in possession of a knife. Officers detained the juvenile for aggravated assault with deadly weapon family violence. Juvenile was taken to the juvenile probation office and turned over to JPO.
• Medical emergency — 100 block of Northline, Lifeguard transported.
• Accident — 900 block of Early Boulevard, minor damage, no injuries.
• Prowler — 100 block of Longhorn. Caller believes someone tried to open the back door. Area cleared. Officer placed the home on extra patrol-by.
• Accident — 00 block of Early Boulevard.
• Suspicious call — 900 block of Early Boulevard, elderly female appears confused. Officers checked female and contacted her son. Female does have dementia. Shouldn’t be out. Son en route to pick her up.
Thursday, Sept. 27
• City ordinance violation — 100 block of McDonald. Person had fire in a barrel. Resident informed of city ordinance. No outdoor burning in the city limits. Fire put out and resident given a warning.
• Noise nuisance — 100 block of Early Boulevard, extremely loud music coming from a truck. Officer made contact and music will be turned off.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
• ID theft — 200 block of Eastover.
• Loose livestock — 1500 block of Early Boulevard.