A Brownwood man with a lengthy history with law enforcement remained jailed Monday in lieu of bonds totaling $534,000 following his arrest Friday on a charge of violating protective order.
Damon Rayburn, 42, is also held on an additional charge of violating a protective order and three bond withdrawal warrants for violating a protective order. Rayburn is also held on two bond withdrawal warrants for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, two for terroristic threat to family members and one for a narcotics violation.
Sheriff’s investigator Carlyle Gover arrested Rayburn Friday after following up on information that Rayburn and a woman were seen together on two occasions last month, Gover’s report states. The woman was named as the “protected person” in a protective order issued in April 2017 by Brown County Court-at-Law Judge Sam Moss.
In other incidents:
Thursday, Oct. 18
• Dog bite — Switzer in Bangs, female and her dog bitten by a neighbor’s pit bull.
Friday, Oct. 19
* Fraud — 300 block of Center, false statement to secure credit.
• Burglary of habitation — 1500 block of Terrace.
• Disturbance — 3300 block of Stephen F. Austin, several subjects outside, yelling and cursing. Subject arrested for public intoxication.
Saturday, Oct. 20
• Traffic stop — Main and Austin, subject arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
• Burglary of a building — 2400 block of Bonita, tools taken from shed.
• Assault — 3300 block of Stephen F. Austin.
• Assault — 3600 block of Golding.
Sunday, Oct. 21
• Burglary of a habitation — 2800 block of Coggin.
• Traffic stop — Belle Plain. Subject arrested on a warrant, another arrested for possession a controlled substance, evidence tampering.
• Information report — Lakeshore Drive, May. Complainant believed someone poisoned his dog and his cat.