A citizen who tipped off authorities to a “suspicious person” walking down a county road early Monday morning led to the capture of a fugitive who fled from police Saturday, authorities sad.

Deputy Mason Fabbiani arrested arrested Luis Cintron, 33, of Early, shortly before 3 a.m. after finding Cintron walking on County Road 234, Fabbiani’s report states.

Cintron remained jailed Monday on charges of sexual assault of a child and failure to identify as a fugitive, jail records state. Brownwood police are looking at filing additional charges of evading arrest and deadly conduct, Brownwood Police Chief Terry Nichols said. Cintron's bonds as of late Monday morning totaled $52,500.

According to police and sheriff’s office reports:

Cintron was the subject of a manhunt Saturday that began when police were notified that a male with a handgun threatened family members at an apartment complex in the 2100 block of Morris Sheppard Drive.

The male, identified as Cintron, already had a warrant for sexual assault of a child and was seen by officers walking in the 4200 block of U.S. Highway 377, police said earlier. When Cintron saw the officers, he fled on foot and jumped into a creek. Cintron was last seen in the area of county road 234 and 235 running on foot.

Cintron should be considered “armed and dangerous,” police said then. Cintron did not have a gun when Fabbiani arrested him Monday, Sheriff Vance Hill said.

At 2:43 a.m. Monday, Fabbiani was dispatched to County Road 234 on a report of a suspicious male. Fabbiani spoke with Cintron, who gave a false name and date of birth. “After speaking with dispatch and receiving physical descriptors including tattoo for Luis Antonio Rivera Cintron … it was determined that the subject had given me a false name and date of birth,” Fabbiani’s report states.

Cintron later apologized to Fabbiani for lying about his identify and said he knew the police were chasing him, the report states.

Nichols offered a “shout out” to agencies who helped in the search for Cintron. “Texas Parks and Wildlife used their drones, and we had the sheriff’s office, Early police and DPS as well,” Nichols said via email.

“He was caught this morning because a citizen saw a suspicious person walking down the street and took the time to call us. Community stepping up again!”