Madison Moseley’s 1,289-pound grand champion market steer brought $15,000 from the Dalton Sweatman Championship Buyers Club Saturday night as the Brown County Youth Fair community came together to bring the 67th annual weeklong celebration to an end with the Awards and Premium Sale.
The event began with the crowning of the youth fair queen followed by the recognition of top donors, awards and scholarships.
In addition to the sale of Moseley’s market steer, other major sales included:d
• Grand champion market goat — Dalton Adams, Early 4H, $10,000 from the Circle B Bar Ranch.
• Grand champion market lamb — Hayden Schroeder, Early FFA, $10,000 from the Championship Buyers Club.
• Grand champion market swine — Slayde Espinoza, Brownwood FFA, $10,000 from the Geib Ranch.
• Grand champion market rabbit — Kamden Gamblin, May FFA, $2,800 from Big Country Ford.
• Reserve grand champion market steer — Madellyne Adams, Early 4H, $10,000 from the Championship Buyers Club.
• Reserve grand champion market goat — Austin Haynes, Brownwood FFA, $8,000 from the Geib Ranch.
• Reserve grand champion market swine — Blaze Cozart, Early FFA, $8,000from the Circle B Bar Ranch.
• Reserve grand champion market rabbit — Ashlyn McKenzie, $800 from Bruner Auto.
The auction is for premium money only and does not represent the purchase of the item or animal being auctioned.