A Brownwood man is free on $50,000 bond after being charged in connection with the injury of a 7-week-old boy.
Police arrested Noe Valle, 22, Friday on a charge of injury to a child with intentional serious bodily injury, a first degree felony, Brown County Jail records state. The infant, who sustained a broken collarbone, is his girlfriend’s son, police said.
According to an email from Brownwood police:
Officers responded to Brownwood Regional Medical Center the night of Jan. 2 on a child abuse call.
Upon arrival, officers were informed a 7-week-old male child was brought in to the emergency room by her family with a broken clavicle and family was unable to explain the injury.
Detectives and Child Protective Services were notified of the incident and responded to assist in the investigation.
Valle arrived at the Brownwood Police Department Friday morning to be interviewed related to the investigation. Valle made statements implicating himself, police alleged.
Valle was arrested at the end of the interview.
Police, sheriff’s blotters
Thursday, Jan. 10
• Public intoxication — 1000 block of Vine.
Friday, Jan. 11
• Kidnapping, assault — U.S. Highway 183, deputies responded to a citizen dispute. Deputies told male suspect took male victim against his will to a county road in Comanche County, fired a shot at his feet and told him not to come back.
• DWI — 600 block of West Commerce.
• Terroristic threat — 1700 block of Austin.
• Recovered firearm — 600 block of Adams.
• Vehicle theft — 1900 block of Brady.
• Burglary of habitation — 1100 block of Schroeder.
• Robbery — Avenue D/Vincent, officers dispatched on assault call. After an investigation, a robbery report was made. A juvenile was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and minor in possession of tobacco.
• Assault — 1200 block of Avenue B.
• Theft — Walmart
Saturday, Jan. 12
• Assault — FM 1849.
• Criminal mischief — 2700 block of vine, multiple vehicles damaged.
Sunday, Jan. 13
• Hit and run — 1000 block of West Commerce.
• Theft — Walmart, arrest made.
• Assault — 1400 block of Avenue I.
Monday, Jan. 14
• Public intoxication — 900 block of Avenue D, arrest made.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
Traffic stop — Austin and Avenue J, officer attempted traffic stop for not signaling lane change, driver fled in Chevy Tahoe.