A Brownwood man was arrested Tuesday along the Pecan Bayou banks after he fled from officers who had confronted him with a warrant, police said.
Joshua Lyon, 27, was booked into the Brown County Jail on a charge of evading arrest and on a motion to adjudicate for aggravated sexual assault of a child, jail records state.
Officers saw a male they knew as someone with a warrant sitting in parked vehicle in the 500 block of East Commerce, police said.
The male got out and officers identified him as Lyon. As officers were speaking with the man, he suddenly ran to the Pecan Bayou banks before being stopped and arrested, police said.
Brownwood police/sheriff’s blotters
Sunday, Jan. 14
• Burglary of a building — Cherokee Drive
Monday, Jan. 15
• Harassment — South U.S. 377.
• Assault — CR 321, Blanket. Complainant wanted criminal trespass warning issued to her son.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
• Vehicle theft — 500 block of Fourth.
• Hit and run — 2600 block of Southside.
• Theft — 1200 block of Looney.
• Traffic stop — Indian Creek/Stephen F. Austin, driver arrested for DWI.
• Theft — Jane Ellen, known suspect stole phone.
• Aggravated assault — Lakeshore.
• Information — CR 154. Naked female walking down the road. She said she shot someone, so deputies checked the area, no injured person was located.
• Criminal mischief — CR 550.