A Bangs man remained jailed Tuesday in lieu of $100,000 bond after he was arrested last week on a charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child.
Jared Tyler, 31, is accused of touching a 6-year-old girl in a bedroom on New Year’s Eve, a complaint filed by sheriff’s investigator John Harper states.
According to Harper’s complaint:
The girl was observed to be “acting out sexually,” and when questioned about her activity, the girl said “Bubbles” had touched her.
The girl told a forensic interview she was staying at the home of a woman Tyler knows, and Tyler allegedly entered a bedroom the girl was sharing with the woman’s child, Harper’s complaint states.
Harper interviewed Tyler on Jan. 22, and Tyler gave a statement to Harper and sheriff’s detective Robert Ramirez. Tyler was arrested the next day, jail records state.
In an unrelated case, an Early man remains jailed in lieu of bonds totaling $59,000 after he was arrested last week on drug and other charges.
Deputies recovered 24 grams of methamphetamine and just over 2 ounces of marijuana after responding to an assault call on Jan. 22, a report by deputy Jayson Bastardo states.
Justin Early, 32, was booked on charges of manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and assault, jail records state.
According to Bastardo’s report:
Bastardo and deputy Saydie Hammond were dispatched on an assault in progress call on U.S. Highway 183 North. The suspect fled in a vehicle before deputies arrived. Officers located the vehicle on CR 381 and detained the suspect.
A female told Bastardo her boyfriend assaulted her. While inventorying the vehicle, Hammond located the narcotics, Bastardo’s report states.
Friday, Jan. 25
• Public nuisance — CR 201, numerous violations.
• Fraud — CR 212 in Brookewmith.
• Vehicle burglary — Wallace Trail.
• Dog bite —CR 372.
• Criminal trespass warning — North 279.
• Illegal dumping — CR 321, several bags of clothing and insulation.
Saturday, Jan. 26
• Assault — Highway 183, May.
• Possession of marijuana — hunting camp, FM 590. Deputies dispatched to possible weapons, noise offenses. Marijuana seen, two arrested.
• Assault — FM 586.
• Assault — West Main Boulevard. Disabled man claimed her was assaulted by six males.
Sunday, Jan. 27
• Criminal trespass warning — CR 134.
• Evading arrest with vehicle — CR 229, driver fled from attempted traffic stop and crossed into McCulloch County.
• Military flare found — Windmill Road. Detonated by military personnel.
Monday, Jan. 28
• Theft — FM 585.