The Center for Life Resources offers a program to help veterans known as Funds for Veterans Financial Assistance, a program supported by a grant for the Texas Veterans Commission.
Services offered include:
• Utility assistance — one-time assistance not to exceed $400.
• Rental assistance — one-time assistance not to exceed three months and $1,983.
Veterans who are qualified are:
• Veterans who have a discharge of honorable or general under honorable conditions.
• Veterans who have an unexpected emergency creating an immediate need for financial assistance
• Veterans must reside in Brown, Coleman, McCulloch, Eastland, Comanche, Mills or San Saba counties.
For more information or for assistance, contract program manager Josh Barron at 2222 South Highway 377 Suite 4, or call 325-203-1583.
The program will present free coffee and donuts for veterans from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday, April 26, at United Supermarkets, 300 E. Commerce in Brownwood.