Independence Day celebrations in and around Brown County will begin Thursday, July 4 and run through the weekend.
The Rising Star City Park will be the site of “Redneck Woodstock’s ‘Murica Day,” on July 4, an event filled with music and fireworks.
Performing on the main stage from 10:30 to midnight will be Wade Bowen, preceded by Rick Trevino from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and Giovannie and the Hired Guns from 5 to 6:30 p.m. A fireworks show will take place between the performances of Trevino and Bowen.
Early acoustic shows include Colton Fox from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., John Hord from 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. and William Clark Green from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
“Snake Man” Jackie Bibby will also be hand.
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 the day of the show. There is a $10 cooler charge, which is waved if the cooler is Bison, a co-sponsor of the event.
There will also be a four-person scramble at Rolling Oaks Golf Course beginning at 8 a.m.
Other activities include a Camp Gladiator 5K Run at 8 a.m., a parade at 10 a.m., a Lone Star sanctioned barbecue cook-off and a variety of vendors.
For more information, visit the Rising Star’s “Roughnecks and Rednecks” Facebook page.
WILD DUCK MARINA
Wild Duck Marina at Lake Brownwood has scheduled its Eighth Annual Fourth of July Bash for Saturday, July 6, at the marina. The event will include a concert and fireworks show, co-owner Angie Tyson said.
Jeremy Lynn Woodall and the Grinders will be the featured band, and there will be a warm-up band as well. The concert is scheduled for 8 p.m. and admission is $20 per person. There is no BYOB for the concert, but beer will be on sale at the marina.
The fireworks show will start sometime around dark, Tyson said.
She said T-shirts commemorating the eighth annual bash would be on sale for $25 each.
The Wild Duck Independence Weekend schedule is as follows:
• July 4: Bullet Creek will be playing in The Backyard from 8-11. No cover.
• July 5: Cami Maki in The Backyard from 8-11. No cover.
• July 6: Boat Parade will lineup at the dam at 7:15 p.m., parade starts at 7:30 p.m.; The Remedy will perform in the concert area at 8 p.m. with $20 per head admission fee; DARK THIRTY, fireworks begin; 10 p.m. Jeremy Lynn Woodall & The Grinders will take the stage, $20 per head and no coolers. Beer can be purchased at the marina and will be iced down.
The Hideout Golf Club and Resort has issued its Independence Weekend Celebration itinerary as well, which is as follows:
• 2 p.m. Thursday, July 4: face-painting at pool area
• 2 p.m. Thursday, July 4: sidewalk/grass chalk art at pool area
• 3-4:30 p.m. Thursday, July 4: pool volleyball and basketball competition (shallow end)
• 3-4:30 p.m. Thursday, July 4: pool diving activities/contest (deep end)
• 6 p.m. Thursday, July 4: three-legged race/sack race (by pro shop or stage)
• 7 p.m. Thursday, July 4: paper plate noise maker craft (pro shop area)
• 9 p.m. Thursday, July 4: sparklers (stage area)
• 3 p.m. Friday, July 5: bubble craft
• 4 p.m. Friday, July 5: corn hole, washers, and horseshoe tourney (stage)
• 5 p.m. Friday, July 5: giant Jenga, ladder toss, and Connect 4 competition (stage)
• 6 p.m. Friday, July 5: Limbo (stage or pro shop)
• 7 p.m. Friday, July 5: Live Music (stage)
• Dark Friday, July 5: Glow Games (stage area)
• Dark Friday, July 5: Movie Night (Finding Dory) (pro shop)
• 3 p.m. Saturday, July 6: slime craft (pro shop or stage)
• 4 p.m. Saturday, July 6: water fight (stage)
• 4 p.m. Saturday, July 6: sand volleyball (pavilion)
• 5 p.m. Saturday, July 6: cornhole, washers, horseshoes, giant Jenga, Connect 4, and ladder toss (stage/pro shop area)
• 6 p.m. Saturday, July 6: Watermelon Eating Contest (stage) ($3)
• 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 6: Ice Cream Eating Contest (stage) ($3)
• 7 p.m. Saturday, July 6: live music (stage)
• 9 p.m. Saturday, July 6: fireworks across lake and s’mores (fire pit)