A Pampa, Texas man who was staying at a family member’s house in Brown County remained Tuesday in the Brown County Jail on a warrant for improper relations between educator and student and two warrants for sexual assault, all out of Gray County.
A Brown County Sheriff’s deputy arrested Andy Lopez, 30, Friday on the warrants, jail records state. Lopez’s bonds total $450,000.
Sheriff’s Lt. Scott Bird said the sheriff’s office arrested Lopez after being contacted by Pampa police.
According to a City of Pampa press release:
The Pampa Police Department received a report on July 1 of a possible sexual assault and inappropriate relationship between an educator and student.
The department’s Criminal Investigations Division began an investigation into the matter and notified Pampa Independent School District administration of the allegations.
Upon conclusion of the investigation, the case was presented to the Gray County District Attorney’s Office for consideration and review.
The Gray County Grand Jury was presented the case and issued indictments against Lopez on Aug. 6.
After the indictments were issued, information was received that Lopez was in Brown County. Investigators relayed that information to Brown County authorities, who took Lopez into custody.
In other incidents involving Brownwood police and sheriff’s deputies:
Friday, Aug. 9
• Criminal trespass of habitation — Belfast, male and female entered property.
• Criminal trespass warning — CR 411 in May, female said male wold not quit contacting her.
• Fraud — male said credit company contacted him about a credit application he did not complete.
• Theft — Highway 183 North in Early, sheep stolen.
• Assault — 1500 block of Terrace.
• DWI accident — 2600 block of Austin, vehicle hit building.
• Theft — 2300 block of Carnegie.
• Terroristic threat — 100 block of South Broadway.
• Violating protecting order — 200 block of Graham.
Saturday, Aug. 10
• Criminal mischief — Highway 183/CR 404, stop sign in bar ditch.
• Assault — FM 2525.
• Suspicious vehicle — CR 257, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana.
• Theft — 1700 block of Magnolia.
Sunday, Aug. 11
• Fight — Terrace Road, female had been in fight, arrested for DWI.
• Possible burglary — Clover Leaf, neighbor noticed window open on workshop, keys found on property.
• Traffic stop — Highway 279/CR 551, male arrested for possession of marijuana.
• Possible stolen motorcycle — CR 550, Bangs. Motorcycle was located. Two people involved with motorcycle had gone through a separation.
• Traffic stop — Fisk and Main, subject arrested for DWI.
• Pedestrian stop — Fourth and Avenue H, juvenile cited for minor in possession of alcohol.
• Domestic — 200 block of Brady.
• Domestic — 2500 block of Avenue C.
• Burglary of building — 2800 block of Coggin.
• Theft — Walmart.
• Theft — 1500 block of Terrace.
• Theft — 400 block of West Commerce.
Monday, Aug. 12
• Assault — 800 block of Avenue C.
• Trespassing — 3900 block of Glenwood, female believed someone had been inside her home, nothing taken.
• Assault on peace officer — Officers dispatched to Brownwood Regional Medical Center emergency room for intoxicated person.
• Theft — 300 block of Center.
• Burglary of habitation — 3800 block of Second.
• Possession of controlled substance — 1000 block of West Commerce, small amount of methamphetamine recovered by officers conducting follow-up investigation.