EARLY — An Early officer followed up on a report of a vehicle driving at high speed, with the passenger hanging out the window, and arrested the driver and passenger on misdemeanor drug charges Saturday.
Officer Tasha Tobias was notified of a reckless driver at 4 p.m., and Tobias located and stopped the vehicle in the 700 block of Early Boulevard, police said.
Tobias smelled marijuana and interviewed the driver and passenger, who said there was marijuana in the vehicle. Police seized marijuana and paraphernalia.
Anthony James Saenz, 23, and Kolton Glynn Reeves, 22, of Early, were arrested for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces and possession of drug paraphernalia, Brown County Jail records state.
In an unrelated incident Saturday, officers Gerardo Ibarra and Andres Contreras observed a vehicle driven by Efrin Reyna, who Contreras knew to have outstanding warrants from Brown County.
The officers stopped the vehicle near the 1300 block of Early Boulevard and arrested Rayna, 37, of May, on charges of terroristic threat, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, police said.
Officers also answered calls for:
• Disorderly conduct — 100 block of Salt Creek. • Alarm call — 400 block of Early Boulevard. • Mental health issues — 100 block of Sudderth.
• Public intoxication — 600 block of Early Boulevard.
• Medical Emergency — 600 block of Early Boulevard.
• Loose livestock — East River Oaks. • Reckless driver — 500 block of Early Boulevard • Child custody dispute — 1000 block of Early Boulevard.
• Theft — 900 block of Early Boulevard.
• Criminal mischief —100 block of Sudderth.
• Medical call — 200 block of Orchard.
• Suspicious vehicle — 600 block of Lucus.
• Prowler — 200 block of Eastover.
• Fire call — C.C. Woodson and FM 2525. ª Suspicious call — 130 Sudderth.