The Brownwood High School International Thespian Society Troupe #429 members attended the 2019 State Thespian Competition November 21-23 in Grapevine, Texas.
“Twenty-three students competed in various performance and technical events,” said BHS Theatre Teacher and Troupe Director, Shannon Lee. “Seventeen qualified to attend the National Competition in June.”
The International Thespian Society is an honor society for high school and middle school theatre students. It is a division of the Educational Theatre Association.
Awards earned (All students listed received a superior rating and qualified for nationals):
• Jordan Roberts - Solo Musical Performance
• Alyssa Salazar - Solo Acting Performance
• John Monson & EmmaGrace Quillin - Duet Musical Performance
• Aubrie Harris, Zamien Lopez, Alyssa Couey, Gillian Sapp, Kathryn Camp, Jackson Tucker & Halie King - Group Musical Performance
• Carlee Richardson - Solo Musical Performance *Perfect Score*
• Emily Haynes - Original Playwriting
• Claire Clayton - Hair and Makeup Design
• Hannah Lee - Costume Design
• Lilly Lee - Costume Construction *Perfect Score*
• Shelby Wilson - Stage Management *Perfect Score*
Troupe Director: Shannon Lee
Assistant Director: Brittany Martin