Consumer Decision Making educates participants on becoming smart shoppers, making sound decisions, and public speaking. If you are interested in Consumer Decision Making or finding out more information about this project, there is going to be an informational meeting on Jan. 14 at 5 p.m. at the Extension Office.
MAJOR STOCK SHOW PASSES
The Fort Worth Stock Show passes have arrived. Participants may pick up their passes at the Extension Office. If you have signed up for any of these shows and are not going to be participating or have any other questions, please contact Nick Gonzales.
FORT WORTH STOCK SHOW
If you are participating in the Ft. Worth Stock Show all species of livestock MUST HAVE HEALTH PAPERS FROM A VETERINARIAN WITHIN 30 DAYS OF SHOW. If you have any questions, please contact Nick Gonzales.
2020 TEXAS 4-H VETERINARY SCIENCE SUMMER CAMPS
The 2020 Texas 4-H Veterinary Science summer camps dates have been released. Below is the dates and locations:
• Camp 1 – June 8-11 at Texas A&M University, College Station
• Camp 2 – June 15-17 at Texas A&M University, Kingsville
• Camp 3 – July 13-15 at West Texas A&M University, Canyon
The goal of the camps is to learn how to perform clinical skills on large and small animals under veterinary supervision and earn 33 clinic skill hours. The cost for the camp is $225 (includes, room, meals, and materials). You must be a 4-H member (age 12-18 as of Sept. 1, 2019). Each camp is limited to 25 participants. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. April 6. For more information contact the Extension Office.
4-H ENROLLMENT IS OPEN ON 4-H CONNECT!
The enrollment process for the 2019-2020 4-H year began Aug. 15. All 4-H families, new and returning, are encouraged to log in and enroll to become an official 4-H member.
As you begin your enrollment for the year, here are some tips in using 4-H CONNECT:
• If you already have a profile DO NOT create another one!
• If you lost your email and password call the county office so we can reset, it for you.
• An active membership will not be granted until the $25 participation fee is paid on 4-H Connect!
• You cannot register or participate in an event until your profile is ACTIVE.
• When you are doing your re-enrollment for the 2019-2020 4-H Year please make sure you update your address, phone number, and e-mail address.
For any youth who is joining 4-H in 2019-2020 for the first time as a 3rd grader we ask for you NOT TO ENROLL until Sept. 1, which is the actual first day of the new 4-H year and what is used to calculate grade/age. If a 2nd grader moving into 3rd grade enrolls before Sept. 1 it will “tag” them as a Clover Kid, not charge an enrollment fee and lock them in as a Clover Kid for the year.
Don’t wait until the last minute to enroll because after Oct. 31 the cost increases to $30.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Jan. 14 — Consumer Decision Making Meeting, 5 p.m. at the Extension Office
Jan. 19 — Brown 4-H Shooting Sports Meeting, 2 p.m. at the Extension Office
Jan. 20 — Extension Office Closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Jan. 22 — Food Challenge Contest in San Angelo