A traffic stop for a defective license plate light led to the arrest of a Brownwood man on drug charges and seizure of THC, sheriff’s officials said.
In an unrelated incident, a Blanket woman was arrested Monday night on a felony DWI charge after a deputy responded to a report of a vehicle mudding in ditches and hitting a fence.
Nicholas Paul, 21, was booked Saturday night into the Brown County Jail on charges of manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and resisting arrest, search or tranport, jail records state. Paul is free on bonds totaling $56,000.
Accord to deputy Kaleb Hopson’s report:
Hobson made a traffic stop at 8:39 p.m. Saturday at FM 45 and FM 2126 and smelled the odor of marijuana. Hopson asked the driver, identified as Paul, several times to get out. The driver refused.
Deputy Jose Rodriguez arrived to assist, and Hopson opened the driver’s door and began pulling the driver out of the vehicle. The driver resisted and pulled his arm away before being pulled from the vehicle.
The deputies located items including 108 grams of THC, a small amount of marijuana and several hundred dollars in cash, Hopson’s report states.
Felony DWI arrest
Sabrina Morrison, 42, was booked into the Brown County Jail on charges of DWI third or more and resisting arrest, search or transport, jail records state.
According to deputy Taylor Fletcher’s report:
Fletcher responded at 7:34 p.m. to the intersection of U.S. Highway 183 North and FM 583, where he saw a Hummer backed against briars and a fence.
The driver, identified as Morrison, said she was having car problems.
A witness told Fletcher he heard the Hummer’s engine revving while stopped on the side of the highway. The Hummer then traveled in reverse across the highway, the witness told Fletcher.
Fletcher arrested the woman after conducting a field sobriety test. The woman kicked at the windows of Fletcher’s patrol vehicle and kicked at Fletcher, the deputy’s report states. With the assistance of another deputy, the woman’s feet were secured with a hobble strap.
Additional unrelated incidents
• Vehicle burglary — 1800 block of Vincent
• Assault — 100 block of Market Place
• Theft — 4400 block of McArthur Circle
• Vehicle burglary — 2500 block of Durham
• Narcotics found — 500 block of West Commerce
• DWI accident — 2200 block of Austin
• Theft — 500 block of East Commerce
• Assault — 1700 block of Coggin
• Criminal mischief— 100 block of Market Place
• Assault — 2500 block of Vine
• DWI — Main and Austin
• Hit and run — 2100 block of 14th
• Vehicle burglary — 4300 block of Fairway
• Theft — 1800 block of Belle Plain
• Theft of firearm — 4200 block of South U.S. 377
• Assault — 2800 block of Morris Sheppard
• Theft — Walmart
• Trespassing — 3400 block of Third
• Theft — 2600 block of Durham
• Failure to identify — Fifth and Avenue D
• Theft — Avenue A, Blanket
• Theft of motorcycle — Windjammer Drive
• Burglary of habitation — CR 176
• Illegal dumping — FM 1849/CR 136