The 4-H checks for the Brown County Youth Fair are available for you to pick up at the Brown County Extension Office. A thank you letter should be written to each buyer who contributed towards your project. Make sure that it is stamped and addressed as you will be responsible to mail these letters off.
Due to COVID-19 we are restricting face to face contact; therefore, we will have our drive through window available for check pick up. The window will be open from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The drive-up window is located on the east side of the building (where Misty usually parks her vehicle) and the gates will be open so you can drive through and exit on Brown Street. Thank you for working with us during this time, as we are trying to make it as convenient as possible but still allowing everyone to remain safe.
With seniors not receiving the full recognition due to COVID-19 outbreak, Brown County 4-H would like to spotlight graduating 4-H seniors. You must be currently enrolled in the 2019-2020 4-H year. If you would like for us to spotlight you on Facebook and the newsletter follow the link below to fill out the form
https://brown.agrilife.org/brown-county-4-h-senior-spotlight/ We would like for you to start submitting your forms by April 22 nd . The final deadline to submit your form will be May 5 .
For more information contact Nick Gonzales at the Extension Office.
DISTRICT 7 4-H Leadership Lab
The 2020 District 7 4-H Leadership Lab will be held June 24-26 at the Texas 4-H Center Brownwood, Texas. You must be at least 13 years of age by the date of leadership lab to participate. The cost will be $250 per person for youth. This includes all meals beginning with lunch on Wednesday and ending with breakfast on Friday, insurance, activity fees, lodging and facility use fees. The deadline to register is June 1 st on 4-H Connect. If you are interested in participating in the District 7 4-H Leadership Lab, please contact the Extension Office.
DISTRICT 7 COUNCIL OPPORTUNITY
The District 4-H Council provides opportunities for youth involvement in 4-H program development. It is an advisory committee which assists in making plans and executing these plans at the district level.
Their function is:
• To advise the district Extension staff on programs for 4-H youth
• Facilitate representation on the Texas 4-H Council
• Maintain linkage with county 4-H councils
• Assist with the development and implementation of district events and activities
• Provide opportunities for 4-H youth to learn democratic principles and procedures
• Interpret the 4-H program to the public
Age requirements — The president, vice president, and delegate-at large must be between the ages of 16 and 18 as of August 31 of the calendar year in which they are elected. The second vice president, third vice president, secretary, public relations officer and parliamentarian must be between the ages of 15 and 18 as of August 31 of the calendar year in which they are elected.
To apply for a District 7 Council Officer position, you must have served as a BrownCounty Council Officer. If you are interested in applying for District 7 Council Officer, please contact Nick Gonzales so that we can provide you with an application.
4-H ENROLLMENT IS OPEN ON 4-H CONNECT
The enrollment process for the 2019-2020 4-H year began August 15, 2019. All 4-H families, new and returning, are encouraged to log in and enroll to become an official 4-H member.
As you begin your enrollment for the year, here are some tips in using 4-H CONNECT:
• If you already have a profile DO NOT create another one!
• If you lost your email and password call the county office so we can reset, it for you.
• An active membership will not be granted until the $25.00 participation fee is paid on 4-H
• You cannot register or participate in an event until your profile is ACTIVE.
• When you are doing your re-enrollment for the 2019-2020 4-H Year please make sure you
update your address, phone number, and e-mail address.
• For any youth who is joining 4-H in 2019-2020 for the first time as a 3rd grader we ask for you not to enroll until Sept. 1.