Brownwood police are investigating an attempted break-in at Brownwood Intermediate School that caused a gas leak and briefly delayed classes early Monday morning.
The incident is one of several involving break-ins or attempted-break-ins of structures, police said.
At the intermediate school, someone moved an industrial air conditioner on the roof several inches, damaging gas, water and electrical lines and a water drainage pipe, a report by officer James Fuller states.
Students were eating breakfast in the cafeteria when a gas smell was detected, and students were kept in the cafeteria until the gas was shut off and it was safe to enter the building, school officials said.
The air conditioner has been repaired.
At 1:20 a.m. Monday, officer Ray Slaton responded to an alarm at the West-T-Go, 1400 Coggin.
Slayton arrived to find glass on the front door broken and a cement block on the floor by the counter. Someone took two 30-packs of beer and four or five cartons of cigarettes, Slaytonís report states.
At 2305 Dartmore, a woman left home around 1 a.m. Saturday. When she returned about an hour later, the house was on fire. Several items were missing, and investigators believe someone set fires on two beds to cover up a burglary, police said.