Five additional suspects sought in connection with Tuesday’s drug roundup dubbed Operation Pillaging are in custody, and seven suspects remain as fugitives, sheriff’s officials said.
Shanda Foster, 30, of Brownwood, and John McDonald, 33, of Early, turned themselves in Wednesday at the Brown County Jail.
David Olin, 55, turned himself in to Comanche County authorities, sheriff’s Sgt. Tony Aaron said.
Additionally, Candi Bailey, 25, and Robert Walker, 37, were arrested in New Mexico, Aaron said.
Another suspect, Ashley Montemayor, 32, was already in custody in Eastland County when about 75 law enforcement officials conducted Tuesday’s roundup, Aaron said. Her name was not initially included among the suspects who were in custody as of Tuesday.
The August session of the Brown County Grand Jury returned sealed indictments for engaging in organized crime against 42 people in connection with the roundup.
In other incidents:
• Brownwood City Marshal Dean Kilburn arrested Dilan Cox, 20, of Brownwood on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Kilburn went to a home in the 1700 block of Avenue D to serve a city warrant. The person Kilburn sought wasn’t there, but Kilburn noticed a small chest-type freezer with the lid up in the yard. The freezer contained a plastic pot with seven marijuana plants growing, Kilburn’s report states.
• Brownwood police Sgt. Art Shannon arrested Charla Belyeu, 44, of Allen Gresham, 49, both of Brownwood, on assault charges after a domestic disturbance in the 600 block of Melwood.
• A woman told officer Stephanie Morgan she saw a naked man walking outside in the 1000 block of Lackey. Morgan questioned a man who was wearing pink shorts. He said the shorts must have made it appear he was naked. The woman told Morgan she had a clear view of the man and he was “swinging in the wind.” Morgan checked the man’s history and learned he’d previously been arrested for indecent exposure.
• Officer Brandon Arnold arrested Brandon Jarvis, 24, of Brownwood on a DWI charge after a traffic stop in the 1300 block of Austin.
• Deputy James Stroope arrested Fabian Gomez, 34, of Brownwood on a charge of using inhalants after responding to a report that a man was huffing paint in a trailer on Avenue C.