EARLY - The Early City Council will consider approving a request Tuesday by the Early Economic Development Corp. to pay a consultant to help determine its direction in fostering business growth.
The EDC wants to pay consultant Ron Watson, former community development director in Brownwood, up to $14,900 for information that includes a feasibility study, demographic report and strategic ideas, according to the agenda for the council's 6 p.m. meeting.
In May, the council approved the EDCís request to hire Angelou-Economics of Austin for a similar service, but no contract was signed because the company and the EDC could not agree on terms.
The agenda follows:
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the previous meetings.
3. Citizensí comments (the council invites citizens to speak to the council on any topic not already on the agenda).
4. Council will elect a member to serve as mayor pro-tem.
5. Consider granting a 5-foot variance at 201 Sunnydale to place a carport closer that 25 feet to the front property line.
6. Consider granting a 2-foot variance from the 5-foot side setback at 196 Abby Road to place a storage building in the back yard.
7. Consider granting a 12 1/2-foot variance to the 25-foot setback required on both streets of a corner lot for a fence at 111 Mark Allen Dr.
8. Consider a request for the Economic Development Corporation to spend up to $14,900 on a feasibility study, demographic report, strategic ideas, etc.
9. consider approving a resolution supporting the discontinuation of the diversion of transportation user revenues to non-transportation uses and the appropriation of all revenue generated from Highway User Fees to fund transportation projects.
10. Consider proposed tax rate for 2008 and set dates for public hearings.
11. Consideration of a treated water supply contract with Brown County Water Improvement District.
12. Wanda Furgason will present third quarter EDC report.
13. Fire chief Travis Eoff will present fire department report.
14. Committee reports - Center Committee, Liaison Committee
15. Administratorís report.
16. Budget workshop