A Brownwood man was arrested Saturday after he took off his clothes and jumped into a motel swimming pool filled with children, police said.
Lanny York, 43, was booked into the Brown County Jail on a charge of public lewdness, jail records state. He is free on $5,000 bond.
Officer Troy Grusendorf was dispatched to the Days Inn, 513 E. Commerce, at 7 p.m., Grusendorf’s report states. Grusendorf arrived to find a large crowd standing around the suspect.
Onlookers told Grusendorf the man took off all of his clothes and jumped in the pool. Numerous people were attending a birthday party, and Grusendorf saw 20 or more children, ages 4 to 14, standing around the pool’s edge, Grusendorf’s report states.
Apparently shocked parents dried off their children and removed them from the pool area, the report states.
In other incidents:
• An Early resident told police someone broke into his home on Kings Court and took beer from his refrigerator and his marijuana tray, which had only a small amount of marijuana left in it.
The owner of the residence came home from work to discover his front door damaged and broken open, Early Police Chief David Mercer said. The owner thinks the burglar was someone who attended a party at his residence the previous weekend. Early police and the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission raided the party and issued more than a dozen citations related to underage drinking.
An investigation into the offense of making alcohol available to a minor is ongoing, Mercer said.
• Early officer Nathan Land arrested John Howard Queen, 44, on a DWI charge in the the 300 Block of Early Boulevard after responding to a reckless driver call.
• Deputy Carlyle Gover arrested James Scott, 18, of Brownwood on a charge of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces after a traffic stop.
• Gover arrested David Reynolds, 29, of Brownwood on a charge of evading arrest or detention with a vehicle after a driver fled from an attempted traffic stop.
• Deputy Jason Benefield arrested Joshua Maldonado, 22, on a charge of possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop.