EARLY — City council members here will consider hiring a new city attorney tonight.
Early City Administrator Ken Thomas said the current city attorney, Donnie Lappe, is stepping down after 22 years.
Thomas declined to say who is expected to be hired to replace Lappe.
Council members will also elect a mayor pro-tem, consider appointing Lee Haney to a two-year term as municipal judge and consider appointing Sandra Garcia to a two-year term as deputy municipal court clerk.
The council meets at 6 p.m. at City Hall. The entire agenda follows:
1. Call to order and invocation.
2. Consideration of the minutes of the previous meeting.
3. Citizens’ comments (the council invites citizens to speak to the council on any topic not already on the agenda).
4. Council will elect a mayor pro-tem.
5. Consider appointing Lee Haney to a two-year term as municipal judge ending May 2009.
6. Consider appointing Sandra Garcia to serve as deputy municipal court clerk for a two-year term ending May 2009.
7. Consider hiring a city attorney.
8. Executive session in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 551, Texas Government Code: Economic development negotiation, section 551.087 — commercial information from a business prospect being considered by the city for economic development negotiations.
Real property, section 551.072 — deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property.
9. Reconvene in open session and consider action, if any, on items discussed in executive session.
10. Consider approving the sale of EDC property to ALTUSA and Clay Forever LLC.
11. Committee reports
Motel Tax Committee
12. Administrator’s report