Brownwood police arrested a man at Wal-Mart early Saturday morning after he said he’d been huffing from a product intended as a child’s toy - a can of Spider Man web fluid.
A man told Brownwood police he was trying to replicate the effects of marijuana by sniffing spray and consuming brownies - an activity he referred to as “Skooby Doo and Shaggy,” a report by officer Stephanie Morgan states.
Morgan arrested Lloyd Matson, 32, of Brownwood on a charge of possessing or using inhalants, Brown County Jail records state.
Morgan and Cpl. Kenyon Black were dispatched to the store at 1:26 a.m. after an employee reported a man was huffing from an aerosol can. The officers spoke with the man in the parking lot, and he took contents including a can labeled as web fluid from his backpack, Morgan’s report states.
The man also had a half-gallon container of milk that smelled of brownie mix, and the officers found an empty box of brownie mix in the area where he was seen huffing, her report states.
In other incidents:
• Officer Trey Weathermon arrested Jerry Satterfield, 35, of Brownwood on a warrant for injury to a child. Authorities accuse Satterfield in a complaint of kicking his juvenile-aged son in the chest, leaving a shallow cut. Police were told he was angry because the boy accidentally let the dogs out of the back yard, the complaint states.
The suspect told police he accidentally kicked the boy while attempting to kick at the dogs as they ran through the gate. Police were told the dogs were well out of the area when the boy was kicked, the complaint states.
• Morgan arrested Faustino Ortega, 31, of Brownwood on an assault charge after a domestic disturbance in the 2100 block of Avenue D.
• Officer Dustin Bode arrested two brothers and their stepbrother on assault charges after a disturbance involving the three in the 1800 block of Avenue E.
Bode arrested Brandon Ball and Justin Ball, both 25, and Robert Villalpondo, 23, of Early. Villalpondo, who was bleeding from his head and face, refused medical attention.
• Early officer Shawn Dibrell arrested Mason McDonald, 38, of Brownwood on a charge of possession of marijuana under 2 ounces after a traffic stop.
• Early officer Johnny Brown arrested Charles Head, 48, of Early on an assault charge after a domestic disturbance in the 200 block of Garmon.