LIBERTY HILL — The Brownwood High tennis team took part in the Liberty Hill tournament on Friday, where the top performers included Mckinzie Adkins and Kaylee Renfroe — the third-place girls doubles team — as well as Lillian Jonescue and Colton Varner — who won the consolation championship in mixed doubles.
In other action:
• Aaliyah Uvalle and Victoria Ramos both went 2-1 in girls singles play before being knocked out in the quarterfinals.
• Mo Goff won his first round boys singles match, but then fell in a third-set tiebreaker in round two.
• Matthew Bundick and Oscar Ledezma went 2-1 in boys doubles, advancing to the quarterfinals.
• Hannah Netherland and Labrittney Pollard went 1-3 in girls doubles.
• Alex Smith and Cameron Hall lost in the first round of mixed doubles in a third-set tiebreaker, and then advanced all the way to the consolation finals before falling to their fellow teammates.
Teams in the field included Waco High, Lago Vista, Sam Rayburn, Smithville, Leander Glenn, Lockhart, Academy, Robinson, Gatesville, Liberty Hill, Caldwell, Bastrop, Bryan, Copperas Cove, and Burnet.
The next action for the Brownwood varsity is slated for March 5 when it hosts its own tournament.