Beer run at Walmart among theft reports for local lawmen
Local law enforcement officers are following up on another round of thefts, including a "beer run" at Walmart in which unknown suspects made off Monday with a 30-pack of beer.
In other Walmart thefts, police arrested three people on charges of engaging in organized criminal activity following an attempted theft Friday. Police arrested Sage Medlock, 22, Dustin Stevenson, 28 and Tiffany Whelchel, 29, all of Brownwood, on the charges, Brown County Jail records state.
Also at Walmart, police arrested Brandon Abernathy, 18, of Bangs, on a theft charge.
In other incidents:
• Deputy Joe Thomas was dispatched Monday to County Road 257 on a report of a pickup burning on the side of the road.
• Deputy Shade Tidwell made a traffic stop Friday in the 2800 block of Southside. Tidwell called for the Early Police Department's K-9 unit. The dog alerted on the car and Tidwell located several baggies with methamphetamine. Tidwell believed the owner of the methamphetamine planned to attempt to sell it.
Tidwell arrested Carey Reese, 56, of Brownwood, on a charge of manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance in a drug free zone.
• Deputy Taylor Fletcher was dispatched to Ardee Drive in Brownwood, where a lawn mower was stolen.
• Deputy John Gramling responded to the intersection of U.S. Highway 183 North and County Road 405 on a report of a reckless driver. Early officer Michelle Sheedy located the suspect vehicle and activated her emergency lights. Gramling arrested Justin Murphy, 23, of Jackboro, on a DWI charge.
• Brownwood police took a report of a missing wedding ring from a home in the 1000 block of Santa Clara, and a housekeeper is suspected.
• Police took a report of a counterfeit $20 passed at a Brownwood restaurant.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Delbert Bartell, 73, Zephyr, cruelty to livestock animals.
Bradley Deschane, 29, Brownwood, 10-day commitment for possession of marijuana.
Lorie Dixon, 45, Brownwood, DWI.
Alejandra Hall, 39, Brownwood, three-day commitment.
Qwayne Jennings, 28, Brownwood, bond withdrawal for credit/debit card abuse.
Christopher McDaniel, 40, Zephyr, cruelty to livestock.
Bertha Ramos, 44, Zephyr, driving with invalid license.
Juan Robles, 21, Brownwood, motion to revoke for theft.
Kimberly Vaughn, 26, Brownwood, DWI, duty on striking unattended vehicle.
Terry Whisenhunt, 57, Mullin, driving with invalid license.