Pay increase approved for Brownwood ISD teachers
Brownwood ISD teachers will receive an 8 percent increase in pay in the 2022-'23 school year.
School board members approved the increase, which consists of:
• The 4 percent bonus, which was previously offered, will now incorporated in the salaries.
• A 2 percent increase.
• Two 1% longevity increases.
In other business:
• Special populations director Rebecca Faulkner gave a program overview. The special populations program includes 497 in special education, 310 in Section 504 — which ensures that a child with a disability receives accommodations to ensure academic success — and 298 in the dyslexia program.
• Superintendent Dr. Joe Young reported that Brownwood High School graduation will be May 27 at Gordon Wood Stadium.
• Young reported the district has received more than 500 transfer requests in connection with Project Neighborhood, and the majority were approved for their first choice.