Police: Man goes to jail after pouring water from toilet on floor at ER, cursing
Police and sheriff's officials are following up on numerous theft, burglary and fraud investigations, and officers arrested two men in unrelated incidents at the Massey Sports Complex and Brownwood Regional Medical Center emergency room.
Deputy Joe Thomas was dispatched to the emergency room early Wednesday morning on a report that a patient was pouring water from a toilet onto the floor, cursing loudly and kicking furniture at a wall.
Thomas arrested Jon Schuetzeberg, 45, of Lubbock, on a disorderly conduct charge.
Brownwood police were dispatched Tuesday to the Massey Sports Complex on a report of a possibly intoxicated man. Police arrested Michael Peters, 23, of Bangs, on a public intoxication charge.
In other incidents:
• Deputy John Harper was dispatched to a home at an undisclosed location on U.S. Highway 377 South, where a man said a Case NRA 2011 Knife of the Year had been stolen from a curio cabinet. The man said the only person unaccompanied in that part of the house was an employee of a local service company.
• Deputy Kelly Marsh was dispatched to property near FM 585 on a report that someone stole 90 feet of submersible pump cable.
• Deputy Troy Boulter contacted a woman about tenants stealing several pieces of aluminum from rental property.
• Boulter was dispatched to an undisclosed location on FM 1849, where a man came home to find that the glass on the front door of his home had been broken and the door was open. Copper wiring and copper rubbing were reported stolen.
A representative of Citizens National Bank reported that the bank had received several fraudulent cashiers checks which had been cashed out of state, resulting in a loss of $1,830.
• Police were dispatched to Morgan Mini-Storage, 1102 Indian Creek, where several locks had been damaged.
• Deputy Shade Tidwell was dispatched to the 2700 block of West Main Boulevard, where a man with slight swelling and bruising near his left eye said he'd been assaulted by another man.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between 8 a.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Wednesday were:
Melinda Belveal, 53, Brownwood, motion to revoke for delivery of a dangerous drug, motion to adjudicate for delivery of a controlled substance.
Jesus Morales, 19, Ennis, possession of marijuana.
Crystal Newingham, 23, Brownwood, driving with invalid license.
Jose Pena, 44, Brownwood, DWI, driving with invalid license.
Terry Reed Jr., 20, Brownwood, unauthorized absence from community correctional facility, theft.
Myra Robledo, 18, Brownwood, possession of marijuana.
Allan Thomas, 51, Brownwood, motion to revoke for possession of a controlled substance.