Rear-end collisions at red light net DWI arrest
A Brownwood motorist was arrested on a DWI charge Sunday morning after rear-end collisions at a red light involving three vehicles, police said.
Jeffrey Taylor, 24, was booked into the Brown County Jail on the charge, Brown County Jail records state.
The accident happened at 10:33 a.m. at Coggin and Avenue K, where two vehicles headed north on Coggin had stopped for a red light. A vehicle driven by Taylor struck the rear of one of the vehicles, pushing it into the rear of another vehicle, police said.
Taylor was transported to Brownwood Regional Medical Center with non-incapacitating injuries, where he submitted to a blood draw.
In other incidents:
• Police took a report Friday in the 500 block of Cordell that a man had been threatened by a family member because of his sexual orientation.
• Police took a report Sunday from a woman who said her daughter made an outcry of forcible fondling.
• Police were dispatched Friday to Walmart on a theft report. Three males were seen removing items valued at just under $67 from packaging and concealing it in clothing, police said.
Police arrested Cody Harrell, 24, of May, Payton Lee, 20, of Rising Star and Amador Mercado, 21, of Baird, on charges of engaging in organized criminal activity.
• Police were dispatched Saturday to Walmart on a report that employees saw a man huffing the contents of an air duster can in the parking lot. Police arrested Chad Beasley, 45, of Brownwood, on a public intoxication charge.
• Police were dispatched Friday to the 1200 block of Sixth on a report of a violation of a protective order. Police arrested Jesus Linan, 46, of Brownwood.
Others booked into the Brown County Jail between Friday and 8 a.m. Monday were:
Mary Carlisle, 45, Brownwood, 10-day commitment for DWI third.
Thomas Edmondson, 32, Brownwood, motion to adjudicate for possession of marijuana.
Natasha Forman, 28, Brownwood, DWI.
James Gregory, 48, Brownwood, failure to appear on traffic warrants.
Arthur Lopez, 27, Brownwood, parole violation, possession of a controlled substance.
Suzette Montemayor, 47, Brownwood, 10-day commitment.
Seaver Roper Jr., 24, Brownwood, motion to revoke for burglary of a vehicle.
Cecil Russell, 36, Mobile, Ala., failure to appear for child endangerment.
Jimi Simmons, 52, Brookesmith, motion to adjudicate for possession of marijuana.